Drive Safely to Avoid Accidents and Injury
- Whiplash: When your body stops suddenly, the force can put a tremendous amount of pressure on the muscles and ligaments of your neck. While painful, these injuries are generally recoverable.
- Bruising: Many violent accidents and collisions produce bruises and contusions, which may take several days to heal.
- Neck and back injuries: Many times, neck injuries are not immediately apparent after an accident. Any spinal injuries can be potentially dangerous if not treated immediately. Always seek a medical professional after a collision to make sure you don’t have any underlying injuries that you are not aware of.
- Internal bleeding: The same amount of force that creates fractures, broken bones, and concussions can affect and damage your internal organs, especially after a high-speed collision.
- Head injuries: This common car accident injury can include concussions and traumatic brain injuries. If you have hit your head in an accident, you should seek treatment right away to relieve any headaches or pain. Traumatic brain injuries are much more severe and can impact the rest of your life.
- Broken bones: Fractures and bone breaks are extremely common during car accidents and can be treated easily.
The most important thing you and your passengers can do to prevent injuries is wearing a seatbelt. They have proven to be incredibly effective for reducing injuries during a car accident.
Following this, you should always practice defensive driving. You can’t always control other drivers, but you can control your own space. Do not drive distracted — don’t check your phone and always keep your eyes on the road!
If you have been in an accident, notify 911 right away and request an ambulance if you have any injuries. It may be a good idea to seek medical attention even if you don’t feel hurt. Some damages like whiplash or internal bleeding may not be apparent right away.
Why It’s Important to Seek Chiropractic And/or Physical Therapy
The aftermath of a car accident can be soreness, stiffness, and discomfort–a serious car accident can lead to much more harm.
Chiropractic care is a safe and effective method of spinal manipulation to relieve chronic lower back pain that can occur after a serious car accident. Studies show that chiropractic care helps reduce neck pain, back pain, and headaches, two common ailments after a collision. This drug- and surgery-free treatment can help treat your musculoskeletal and nervous system.
Physical therapy can be combined with chiropractic care or stand alone in helping you heal from injuries like whiplash. Stretching your muscles and strength training can help you manage your pain so you can function and move with ease and increase your quality of life. This is an excellent option if you do not want to turn to surgery.
Depending on the severity of your injuries, a combination of both forms of therapy along with massage can be instrumental in your healing process. People of almost all ages can benefit from gentle chiropractic and physical therapy.
Everett Chiropractor and Physical Therapist
Everett Spine & Rehab is here for you if you’ve suffered an accident from a car crash. We offer non-invasive and drug-free treatments to help you manage pain and get you back to feeling like yourself again.