Be Kind to Your Spine: Sitting Tips
Want to be kind to your spine? Would you like to reduce the chances of back pain? Exert less stress on your spine by fixing the way you sit!
Your posture matters. In today’s world, we often are sitting for hours in front of a computer screen with very minimal breaks in-between. Whether you’re at the office or at home, there are a few things you can do that can help keep your back and spine healthy. Correcting your posture while sitting can help reduce muscle strain, wear and tear on the joints and help you maintain balance while moving.
- Keep your shoulders relaxed and even
- Keep your feet flat and at a 90 degree angle
- Your ankles should be placed in front of the knees
- Keep your back against the chair and use a cushion or backest if you need
- Take some breaks! Get up and move around periodically.
- Be sure to NOT sit slumped
- More sitting tips can be found here
Of course, if you suffered an injury (at work or even in a car accident) you may have damage that needs to be examined in more detail by a chiropractor. At Everett Spine and Rehab, we can help put you a treatment plan to help rehabilitate and reduce your pain.